Human Resources are those constituents of an organization that take care of the human facets and needs of all employees within that organization. Key functions of HR in an organization are-
• Employee recruitment and selection.
• Compensation calculation and reward program management.
• In-house training for all employees according to skill sets.
• Performance calculation and managing employee behavior.
• Portfolio management and area location management.
• Transformation and change management.
• Structuring hierarchy of employees.
• Employee relationship management.
• Hiring Campaign management.
Employees are the significant assets and the primary promoters of profitable business for an organization. Hence, apart from managing clients and customers for business purpose, it’s a decisive responsibility of an organization to manage and fulfill all needs of its own employees. It would be improper to say that a CRM system is only used to manage clients and customer; most of the HR heads or managers are using CRM technologies for managing company’s human capital. This approach is called as Employee Resource Management (ERM). An ERM is a business process that fills gaps between an organizations and its employee to create a strong emotional and professional bonding among them.
A well-integrated ERM provides a committed information base system for all Human resources. This is termed as Human Resource Information System (HRIS) in most of the renowned organizations which provides a better interface for HRs to deal with internal employees and screens all problems associated with relationship among organization and employee. Some of its features are listed below-